Sunday, July 01, 2007

Wow!

Blueberry Hill by Posh Yarn

Wolves I tell yer, wolves! Who'd have thought that it would have been such a frenzy! I got the giggles it was so bad. There I was at 6 sharp, poised as I said earlier. But it was no good. The fastest 'putor wins I suppose. I missed both the yarns pictured below but managed to snag my third choice, blueberry hill, a lace weight 100 per cent cashmere and I had to shift I can tell you.

Still, very happy with it and have decided that I will do Icarus in this which gives me a few more days to finish cobweb and think of an equally lovely project for the Samba yarn that I originally bought for the Icarus but somehow it just didn't gel. I think I will do something from Victorian Lace Today with it, perhaps the small shoulder wrap, but that will be sometime next year I think!


Update
Yarn arrived on 4th July, hurrah! Really quick service Dee, thanks. And I have spun 100 per cent cashmere yarn, so I knew how soft it was going to be, but whenever I do something it never quite meets my approval. This yarn is absolutely scrumptious, it is called blueberry with good reason, it has a purple bloom running through it and it is a soft matte texture. What a pure pleasure it will be to work it. Yay!
But first Cobweb, which needs to be ripped back three rows :( and I am dreading it. The Sherriff has had such a nightmare with ripping back Kid silk and she is an expert, what's a poor moron like me supposed to do?

No comments: