Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Todays Project

Turn this into something lovely


It is rather kermit coloured but you know - It's not easy being green.

I'm planning a felted bag, but who knows really. I think it will be good with some daisies or butterflies embroidered on it. I might even put it in the Guild Exhibition. (See Tawe Guild link on side for more info)
It has been a while since I attempted yarn of this uniformity and thickness. As a single, it is probably a DK weight and will ply up to a chunky. I usually foul this kind of yarn up as I still have difficulty keeping the roving even as it twists, leading to slubby yarn. Which means that I usually stick to thick'n'thin "fancy" yarns (for that read lazy spinner) as I like to have something other than a foul mess for the money I have spent on roving. So far though it looks as if I am doing okay ... hey, I've only been spinning for two years gimme a break!

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Sian- I love that color- it has so much energy.

And I love Kermit.

Sian said...

Thanks Lorraine and I think the Muppets are hilarious