Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Ffald Y Brenin

Off tomorrow to our favourite retreat for a few days, until Saturday I think.

Ffald y Brenin means Fold of the King, (do check out the link - fantastic photos) It is high in the middle of the Preseli Mountains in Pembrokshire. No traffic, no noise. Just red kites (birds)and silence and the presence of God like a blanket around us. It is one of the most amazing places on Earth. I kid you not.

There is a fantastic craft room there with tons of space so I am taking the wheel and I will sit and spin , looking out at the valley below while soaking up the peace that passes all understanding and tea and biscuits in roughly equal quantities.
I am doing a teaching on spirit dance, that is - worship through dance. It has been years since I have taught. We will have to see how it goes.
Now I have packing to do and printing of notes to get going with. See you soon. Take care.
Nos da cariad

7 comments:

Christy Woolum said...

Enjoy your retreat. It sounds like a perfect way to spend a few days.I love the sound of the craft room!

Pilgrim said...

Sounds wonderful Sian. Enjoy your time away.

Downshiftingpath said...

Enjoy peaceful time, a time to spin, a time to reflect and a time to simple be. No expectations, just be.
Anne

Greg C said...

Enjoy yourself but come back and teach me to dance like that please,

Greg

Clare said...

Hi Sian! Your retreat sounds so beautiful and full of renewal -- how great to be up in the mountains. I will look at the photos you linked to it. I would love to hear more about your teaching on spirit dance, too. It sounds sacred and like it really brings together mind/body/spirit. Have a wonderful time!!
:)

Ms_T said...

thank you Sian for a wonderful dance day at Ffald-y-Brennin, you are a wonderful teacher and I am sure you noticed you had me engrossed the whole day, well done Sian, you are a blessing to know. Gby xx

Sian said...

Cherub - you are an inspiration to me, your radiant love of God is a joy. Thank you too :)