Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Miles of Silk!


It will become a bag eventually
honest!


more silk!


I am still plugging away with the seascape lace weight. It takes a deal of spinning and this is easily the finest thread I have ever spun. It is taking ages! So I don't suppose I'll be speaking much about that until I'm done which should be about 2009 sometime :)

I haven't done the felt bag yet. It'll probably sit there for a bit the way a half finished project usually does. Making me feel guilty until I get tired of it and away we go in a blur of activity.

Aside from that I am slowly getting things together for the America trip. Getting quietly excited about it and in the same breath quite sad. Odd really. I am longing to go, I've always wanted to see America, but I have never been so long away from Wales since I first came to live here as a child. I will miss the whole of August. Balckberrying, harvest, such as it is with the rain we've been having. The leaves will have started to change by the time we get back and it will be the turn of the season.

How much though we will have to tell! Stephanie says that internet access is limited where they are and I must believe her. But I am hopeful that I will be able to find an internet cafe somewhere on our travels and keep the blog updated. I cannot take the wheel, cannot take too many books, no spinning, no blogging and no knitting, on the plane at least - eight hours! No knitting, what the heck am I going to do?
And I must leave my family and friends behind while I swan off into the west. Leaving behind all my attachments and addictions in one go. Oh dear...

Still, at least I've got V and the kidlings. And it will be warm. I could stand a little sun right now.

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Sian- When you say America, I assume you're referring to the US?
Too bad, I live near Toronto- maybe I'll make my way to Wales one day.
I'm not a sun person, so weather is never an issue.

Sian said...

Yes Lorraine, we are going to Alabama to help friends raise support for their work on the mission field. We might be spending a week in Texas too.

I would love to visit Canada someday, such dramatic scenery and the Canadians I have met were fantastic ambassadors for their country, so warm and friendly. You are lucky to live in such a beautiful place. As indeed am I :)

Anthony (val) said...

You are beautiful, gifted and talented, and I love you. V, your ever loving husband. P.S. Remember Gods word, your time is soon.