Monday, July 02, 2007

Fantasy Fibre Order is Go!

Oh what fun I have had over the last few days. Since I could not go to Woolfest, due to a nervous husband, I have been celebrating my own personal wool festival with the help of Posh Yarn and Winghams. I'm sorry to see the last of it. I really cannot allow myself to spend anymore until I have spun up at least the rest of the lime merino that I ordered about a year ago. Funny how these things get shoved in the back of the stash and get forgotten.

So here it is:
  • Space dyed tussah silk in seascape - destined for laceweight yarn.
  • Delphinium merino wool - for Rose to have a poncho that will set off her sky eyes to perfection.
  • Royal purple tussah silk - to ply with the blue black in my stash.
And that's it, hardly anything really. I was going to order some cashmere but I found some in the bottom of my stash, it was incorectly labelled as merino and I was going to felt it. Yikes!

I didn't get the peppermint alpaca top, the bluefaced leicester humbug - very lustrous, but I'll probably get some in the Llantrisant sampling day in October and I didn't get the tussah silk in herb garden either. I really could not spend any more considering the Posh yarn order and the books I have bought from Amazon. All good things come to an end alas. Retail therapy must end here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.