Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Spinning Day!



Don't you wish you lived here?

Bunking off to Sharons today to glamourous Upper Cwmtwrch. To sit by the river that runs through her garden and spin and knit and chat and drink tea and talk wool. I'll take my camera and hopefully, if the batteries play along I'll have something to show later on.

Finished spinning the kermit merino. Plied up quite nicely really, not perfect but good enough for rock music. Sharon is an expert felter and probably deserves the title fibre artist as she has that edge of vision which I so admire and yet lack so obviously! But she is very generous and allows me to pick her brain at any time. And for this I will take chocolate walnut brownies, which due to my recent disasters with Iolo's cookies, is all that I have the confidence to make right now.

TTFN my lovlies !

Update 21.50 same day
Confession
I didn't take brownies...or cookies. I ran out of time. But I took soup...tinned I'm afraid. I'll lose my Nigella badge if I'm not careful. Sorry Sharon, but there is always next time. After America!

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Sian- Sounds like a wonderful time, what could be better? A fiber buddy, tea and brownies.

Not being able to speak Welsh, maybe you should spell things phonetically for us.

Sian said...

I did indeed have a lovely time. I will load up some photos later.

Cwmtwrch is a sound that just has to be heard I'm afraid.

Cwm is say something like coom only the oo sound is a little shorter and the twrch is ...impossible to describe, sorry!

No, hang on. If you can say loch, as in Loch Ness Monster then the ch is the same sound. So, say tour and then the ch sound and you might have it...Maybe!
Good luck!