Saturday, July 28, 2007

Farewell Party

Last night we sent to Todd and Steph's farewell party. They are off for a year back to the US to raise support for their work here. They are both close friends of ours and will leave a huge gap in our lives. I could get quite down if I think about it too much, so to liven us up and to say goodbye in style, Sara organised a Hollywood themed party.
Any chance we get in Church on the Move to dress up is pounced on with glee. V went as a character from the Matrix and he looked pretty good. There was an Indiana Jones complete with muddy shoes and a whip! I was very impressed. There was a Betty Boop, a Dolly Parton, a few Reservoir Dogs - looking quite alarming for such delightful young men - there was an Austin Powers - very scary, Jessica Rabbit and Steven Spielberg to name a few. And I, in a fit of nerve, went as Audrey Hepburn. Nothing like aiming high!


So on with the LBD, cigarette holder, long black evening gloves, pearls and some truly funky earrings. I darkened my hair and away to go. I think any woman in her thirties hits the spot with that look and I was pretty pleased with the effect.

Today I am off to St Annes Church to have a look at the Hobbies and Passtime exhibition. They are raising funds so might as well hand over a few bob to keep the old place going. It is a beautiful church and a landmark in the village where I grew up. I thought about taking the wheel to show. I might, might not.


5 comments:

Lorraine said...

Sian- That's great- you look just like Audrey!

Sian said...

Oh thank you Lorraine :)

Christy Woolum said...

Perfect portrayal of Audrey.... I can hear Moon River playing in the background.

Nicole said...

You look lovely!

Sian said...

Thank you very much. It was great fun, I do so love dressing up!