Saturday, July 14, 2007

Hey, It's Sunny!

Wheeee! Look at that yellow thing in the sky! Haven't seen that in a while.
That's it. No spinning for me today. I'm off down Neath to check out what the nutters in Church on the Move are doing on the town square. See ya later!

Additional below

Went to town to help V and Uncle Daisy do some street work. The carnival was on today and town was packed. We spoke to relatively few people but the ones we did.

A drug addicted ex convict currently living rough in the old abbey until the winter at which point he normally commits some not too bad crime, gets caught and jailed through the winter to be released when the weather gets fine again.He says it suits him. Catholic boy, prays, likes God, didn't want a cup of tea or a hot meal, just wanted to say hi I think.

And the man suffering depression with his little girl on his knee, slowly and undemonstratively weeping into her hair as Daisy prayed for him.

And the wonderful woman that encouraged me so. She was profoundly disabled, partially sighted, wheelchair bound, withered arm and a speech impediment but her mind was as light and agile as a butterfly. I am happy she said. I don't need prayer. We chatted for a little while and she gave me a bag of malteasers when she left. She blessed me with more than chocolate.

We are doing another one next month, just before the American trip. Possible dancing, drums and banners. I am looking forward to it

Just remembered this covers an item in my 101 in a 1001 days : no 70

No comments: