Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Busy day or wot?

Didn't go to Bristol, weather far too foul. Didn't go to Hobgoblin, didn't even order the mandolin over the net. Didn't get mandolin today. But that is okay.

Because we went to Cardiff instead and had a lovely time, (even though parking was frightful). We went to the museum, which we haven't been to in ages, I mean years now. Had lunch out, popped into a Cardiff music store in the hope that they might have something suitable but what they had instead was faintly patronising staff - no thanks.

Pootled about the Bay area and V pulled me away from Ikea by brute force. Not really... we were driving past and he refused to go in because he did not believe that I could go in for the saki bowls I've been wanting and come out with saki bowls only and not another string of fairy lights and a new rug, new throw and other pretty but fairly useless assorted tat etc. I can't think where he gets these ideas from!

Came home in good time for ballet class and on a whim dropped into Neath Music and there she was...love at first sight. Full body, swan like neck, rich timbre on her voice and she is electric too. I must have her and take her home. I couldn't at the time, but I will return to claim her soon. Mine, all mine. Photos of the new mandolin tomorrow hopefully.

No comments: