Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Introducing...




She sounds lovely, or she would if I could stand the pain it causes to press on the strings! I asked V if they did nylon strings for beginners - well they do for guitar! He just laughed at me, obviously they are not kidding when they say that a musician suffers for their skill. So, I will have to restrict myself to ten or fifteen minutes a day and build up to get some calluses. I taped my fingers and that meant I didn't bleed all over my pretty new toy, but it is still painful to type! :D

But I think I should manage okay, which is good news all things considered. I love learning new stuff and this should keep me quiet for some time, well...maybe not quiet, but you know what I mean.

Can't do anymore tonight though so I think it is a row or two of cobweb before beddy byes.

Nos da Cariad

2 comments:

Clare said...

What a gorgeous instrument! The wood looks luscious. I'm so sorry it hurts your fingers, though. Hopefully the calluses will grow quickly. It will be worth it, but sore in the meantime.
:)

Nicole said...

Oh, how lovely! I would love to learn one of those, too - but I think I should start with one new instrument (my harp, which we haven't bought yet) and go from there. I've never played a stringed instrument... no telling how I'll do with it.