Friday, August 24, 2007

We have moved again!

Birmingham now...I have no idea where in Alabama it is as I am now utterly disorientated. We will be here a couple of days and then moving on back to Huntsville.
We were eight hours in the car today and I am wrecked. So not much happened really other than I saw an armadillo and we were trailed by a police car for half a mile. We reckon they were hoping that Steph would break the speed limit. I was kind of hoping that they would pull us over too, kind of fun in a weird British kind of way, but no...Steph had cruise control on and they sloped off in search of more amusing prey.
We are staying now with Mary Catherine and Dan, friends of Todd and Steph from way back. Their house is pretty stunning. Big cedar cabin style with a screened in porch and their own pool. Their basement, which has been turned into guest quarters is about as large as our house.
I am planning on popping out early tomorrow to get some pics of the neighbouring houses as they are bordering on the mansion type stuff.
See you tomorrowAnyway off to bed now
Nos da Cariad
x

2 comments:

Christy Woolum said...

This sounds like quite a trip. I have lived in the United States my whole life, but never have I seen an armadillo!

Lorraine said...

Sian- While it might have been exiting for you, getting stopped by the Highway Patrol isn't always a great experience.

Sounds like you're having a great trip.