Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Life's a Beach

I have said here before, quite vociferously, that I hate the sea and I'm not too fond of the beach either. Of course a girl is allowed to change her mind. So when I say I hate the beach, I mean of course that I don't like the Welsh beaches. Don't get me wrong they are beautiful...but user friendly they are not. You have to be hardy to get used to the cold water and the hard sand and the rocks and the cold wind. I've done it, just don't enjoy it.
However, yesterday I went paddling in the Gulf of Mexico and that is a whole different crate of bananas. It was warm and the water was warm and the sand was as soft and white as sugar. So I am converted. I love the beach and the sea, so anytime V and the kids want to go to the beach...fine by me, just fly us out to Alabama, baby, and we'll paddle okay?
And if that was not all, after the kids were taken back to the cottage and the men had agreed to look after them for the evening, Steph and I went shoe shopping, then we found a bar with a pianist and a sax player playing soft jazz/blues and we drank marguritas!
Sara, Thomas, tel John from me that this mission business is tough man, very tough :)
Oh and I am going gift hunting today. It is half way through the trip and it's time to be starting to think about going home. So if you want anything in particular guys, let me know okay?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear you're having a good time. Oh if you find a baseball cap with a fake ponytail coming out the back, can you get it for me please? :)

Anyway, GCSE results in. And I am happy to say that I passed them all.

5 As 3 Bs 4 Cs

And now in order of worsts first:

C:-
RE
Welsh
Double Science (2 GCSEs)

B:-
I.T
Maths
Statistics

A:-
English Lit
English Lang
Geography
History
Drama

So as you can see, I am landed!

One thing that's gutting though, I missed out on an A* for History by 1 mark! :(

So ta ra, come home soon. We all miss you lot.

Anonymous said...

Couldn't bring Charlesy back with you, could you?
;p
PS- just got back from the best weekend of my life!!!!
READING BABY!!!!