Friday, August 24, 2007

Quiet Day

Getting over al the travelling today, getting the sand out of our shoes and chilling out in the woods.
I wandered into a mega Wal-mart yesterday and found a HUGE yarn and sewing department. Could not resist. Massive (plastic but we cannot have it all) crochet hooks in jewel colours and lion brand chunky yarn in a colour way called Prarie. So I am going to do an undemanding granny squre cushion cover. Found some silk exactly the right colour to turn up the hems on my fishermens trousers too, so a quiet crafty day today. Lovely
Thanks for all the comments guys. I am really enjoying this trip. Got a sudden blast of homesickness this morning though and had to leave the breakfast table to pull myself together. Funny how I am enjoying myself so much and yet a picture of sheep and Welsh mountains which I was shown as an act of kindness just set me on a hiraeth pang! I'm okay now though and will probably enjoy a dip in the pool this afternoon. It is not as hot here as it was on the beach. Probably in the high seventies now, but the quality of light is different. You can feel the breath of autumn here. It won't be long now...

1 comment:

Clare said...

Hi Sian! I've enjoyed catching up on your posts and reading about your adventures. It's great that you had a good beach experience and that you've been seeing new critters. Continue to have a wonderful time!
:)