Monday, August 20, 2007

Orange Beach

Is not orange...

It is white, like snow. The sand is powder, the sky a hot turquoise and there are brief brave tufts of sea grass poking through where it can.

The houses here are almost all built on stilts and are painted in ice cream colours. There are palm trees and terns strutting their stuff on boardwalks and the sun is pouring down. It is even a bit warm for me!

The beach house is a large open plan bungalow, cool with tiled floors. The yard is sandy, though somehow the owner has managed to coax a lawn to flourish in the front and there are handsome olive trees growing in the back.

Today the Preselys and the Hills parted company for the day. So, left alone in America for the first time we tried to visit a mega mall that is near by but instead managed to get terribly lost and went round in circles for at least two hours. We stopped for lunch, lemonade and massive hamburgers doing a lot to cheer all the grumpy females in the car. In fact I did not have a beef burger I had...get this...a bison burger. I kid you not!
I thought, I've spun bison down, I might as well see what they taste like too, so there you are, my culinary adventure for the day. I have to say that the first half was very tasty, but the second started to taste quite liverish so I struggled to finish rather, but I got there. I've eaten bison. Now that's not something every Welsh girl can say.

Signing off for now but I am in Orange Beach library typing this. So now I know it is here and it is within walking distance I belive I will try and get back tomorrow if I can

'til then...take care of yourselves my loved ones
nos da Cariad
x

1 comment:

starinajar said...

how on earth does it take a two hour drive to end up somewhere that is only a short walk away? is that even possible? that is superb driving and has 'tourist' written all over it. lol.