Thursday, June 28, 2007

Summer

It is Summertime and I realised last night that I have had the same look on my blog since Easter. Time for a change and brighter colours in the hope that the sun will come out and give poor soggy Wales a break from the rain.
Have had terrible insomnia again this night. Eden woke me at two with a spirited attempt at sleeping on my head, using my neck as her pillow. Unable to breath for sleepy baby crushing my throat, I woke up good and proper!

Almost six o clock now. Have spent the night travelling from Australia to Canada, Plillipines (some mad bloggers there, utterly eccentric) California and various places in dear old Blighty. Not bad for an evenings wander in blogspace. Learnt a few things only one of which I wish I had not read!

On the spinning front - the Winghams fantasy fibre collection stands thus so far

  • Tussah silk in Seascape (100g)
  • White mongolian cashmere (100g)
  • Violet merino wool (200g)
  • Delphinium merino wool (300g)
  • Wool, alpaca and silk blend in grey (indeterminate amount)
  • Yak down (sample as it is the very dickens to spin but so soft that I can't resist)
It may go up or down, most of the fun of shopping with Winghams is the sheer array of stuff that they have and the catalogue keeps me happy for about a week before I settle on the things I definately want. It might have been cheaper to actually go to Woolfest...maybe not, they sell yarn there too. Could you imagine me in a place of unlimited yarn, my wool budget for the year and no V to reign me in. I think I'd die right on the spot from sheer glee. No, far better to stay at home where I am safe from temptation...where did I put that catalogue?

See you later my lovlies to tell you what I succumbed to when I get back from Borders.
Have a fun filled, book lined day.

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh bliss- oh joy!

Clare said...

Hi! I'm sorry you had insomnia -- but it cracked me up the way you wrote about Eden's "spirited attempt at sleeping on my head".
:)