Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Baby Icarus

Here she is, ripped back five times already, I kid you not! I cannot get the stitches on the kneedles to match the count on the pattern and I feel too much of a moron to go on the KAL and ask for help, I suppose that is why I joined it, but even so...


Update
Okay, it is now 11:30 pm and thanks to Amanda, I plucked up courage to post on the Icarus KAL earlier my problem with the stitch count that made this look spookily like a posing pouch (ewwww, thanks Jethro - I think). And I have found out that I have, in fact, been knitting a one sided Icarus, the poor dab wouldn't have even got off the ground let alone made it to the stratosphere with only one wing now would he?

So rip it up and start again...again. But now there is hope, for now I understand the PDF chart. Always a good thing to understand the pattern of the thing that you are knitting. I am cheered that it was a simple error. However, I wonder what time I will get to sleep if I cast on again now as I am itching to do...
No, I must be sensible and go to bed. Children have no mercy on knitting fools

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must admit it does look like a new line in knitted underwear.
kinky yet itchy.

Greg C said...

I can only crochet, make nets and do woodwork. I made a really nice baby blanket for my daughter once and it was lovely. I am making nice lawn furnature at the moment. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Greg

Sian said...

Hi Greg, I love that you said 'only', that's quite a list, one to be proud of. I never could do woodwork, too many sharp things.

Jethro, as I'm a lady I won't ask what kind of underwear you are accustomed to, but let me tell you that this yarn is cashmere and silk and would make wonderful next to skin type stuff :). Knitted knickers for Xmas anyone? I believe there is a pattern...

Amanda said...

Wow that yarn is as lovely as you've been telling us. Please post questions on the KAL if you have any. People are only too happy to help.