Sunday, June 03, 2007

More Silk Painting

Streamers


Horse on paper


Horse traced onto silk



Celtic knots


As promised, here are some pics of my attempts at silk painting. The streamers were very easy, just potched about and the colours were so glowingly beautiful that even I could not go wrong. But I also want to make a banner for myself when I am dancing in church. A large semi circle with a dowelling rod to wave with. They are very effective and especially useful when you have run out of breath with more energetic moves. Banner waving looks very kinetic with little effort!

Also I've said before that I am not an artist and the horse, (inspired by Rohan horse art - LOTR) lacks some of the fluidity I was after, the feet are rather shaky but not a bad stab in all.
The celtic knots are traced, taken from a fantastic book called the Crafter's Design LibrarySeries - Celtic by Chris Down. A really excellent resourse for all sorts of crafting stuff.

I'll post up some more shots when I've got the nerve to paint it up. I'm thinking green background, metallic gold horse and knots. Possibly marble it through with some red. I shall experiment but would welcome feedback if you are so inclined as I'm not that confident with colour myself (unless I'm wearing it). Thanks

Additional
According to my 101 in1001 I joined the Chocolate Tasting Club again. As Oscar said, I can resist everything except temptation.

2 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

Wow, your silk painting is amazing! I would be afraid to even attempt such a delicate art. I love your horse especially --- just lovely!

Thanks for commenting on Gracious Hospitality today. It was really nice to have you visit. I wish you could join me at the cabin for a cuppa tea.

Sian said...

I would love to visit the cabin and would be happy with a just a crust to chew on if I could only stare at the wonderful views.