Monday, June 18, 2007

Happy Anniversary

Thirteen years today. Jimany, what a crazy day. Rain, drunks, fights, nervous and rather poor photographers, family politics and you and your best man pogo-ing to Faith No More whilst wearing kilts...kilts I ask you! It cleared the dance floor!

The Jersy Beach Hotel has since burnt down (an insurance job for certain) the Aberafan front has been tidied up out of all recognition. Almost all of our friends at the wedding have since divorced. And we, hanging on by the skin of our teeth sometimes, are never-the-less still here.

We have survived interference from well meaning loved ones, bereavement, a cult, flying accusations, three pregnancies...what a trip they were, and a mad man with a knife. (yes, I know he was second hand but it sounded rather good I thought)

Through it all my dear one you have been (almost) unfailingly gentle, courageous and soft spoken. You are my lodestone, the shoulder I lean on and the wisdom I try and listen to when the anntenae are screwed. Love you babe.

By the way, start saving now good boy, I want to go to Rome for our twentieth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rome sounds good to me love. I also quite fancy going to lake Como. See if that Italian waiter who had been to cwmafan is still there.

I will always love you and be there for you.
When my head falls off however, I'll need you to stick it back on.

Yours now and forever, V