Sunday, June 10, 2007

Dance With Me

Dance with me
O lover of my soul
To the song of all songs
Romance me
O lover of my soul
To the song of all songs

Behold You have come
Over the hills
Upon the mountains
To You I have run
My beloved
You've captured my heart


With You I will go
You are my love
You are my fair one
Winter is past
And the springtime has come

Dance with me


Lyrics by Chris Dupre


The words are not mine and neither is the music that it is set to, but the beat is 3/4, a glorious lilting waltz. And it is a favourite for me to dance to in worship.
Last night was a free service in Church on the Move. We are blessed with talented musicians in our group and they played their socks off last night. Old hymns, faithful words, glorious freedom in song, prayer and dance.
And dance! Did I!! Felt like I was flying, love it. I gave that silk banner a good work out I can tell you!


Woke this morning at 4 am thanks to a warm night, open windows and a peculiarly robotic sounding starling, trilling and popping away on the wires outside. The wind blew the breath of trees into the room and I had to go outside for a walk.
It was so peaceful. No traffic, rare even at that time of the morning on the travesty of a road that they have sliced through my valley. My robotic starling had gone back to bed and I was just beeped at by sparrows and a blackbird gave me a darned good telling off too. The nettles smelled warm, the rugosa roses smelled of heaven and Zac, who had kept me company, started mewing for breakfast.
Back to the house for shredded wheat and warm sweet milk(me) and crunchy fish biccies (Zac). I burned up a lot of calories last night. I bet I'll be wanting steak for lunch too. Perhaps we'll go out, save me cooking. I can't do steak very well.
Quiet day today I think. V will probably be visiting his Dad in hospital, but still back to church tonight. Just can't get enough of freedom.

Have a beautiful, song filled, rose scented day.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why were you smelling the nettles? Diawch Elianor, you need to do some work on your gardening. There are many nice plants out there in the world today.

Anonymous said...

har har...nettles do smell lovely, warm and earthy.
Glad I am to see you back cariad