Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Not Well Again!

Yuk, bleaurgh I'm not well at all. Sniffing and snooshing, red nosed and gasping with hayfever on top of a summer cold. Sore throat, itchy eyes and drugged up to the eyeballs. If this is what full medication turns me into then I dread to think what I would be like without it!


So, to take my mind off it, what shall I do? Spinning makes me sleepy, ditto knitting and I don't think I can concentrate enough for cobweb. I could crochet, finish off the simplest sleeve ever but that means I have to take this lovely warm laptop off... well... off my lap rather appropriately. The weather is foul. Grey whistly drizzle swooshing up the valley and I have to go out and pick up Rose in under an hour when I can barely see to drive.



Nomads have the coolest clothes, they are fairtrade too

What shall I do? Not dishes, not laundry. It's going to have to be surfing. A spot of retail therapy I think. Nomads have got some very pretty skirts that I've been wanting for some time. And I think, seeing that Woolfest is now definately off, I will pop by Winghams and get some seascape tussah silk that I have been wanting for ages.


silk hankie, colour way seascape

Yup, Woolfest is off. V really didn't like the idea of me going. It is a long way and really what would I get there that I couldn't get over the web? So, save the petrol and spend the money on silk instead. And maybe a poetry book?

That said, I have just remembered that I'm off to Borders tomorrow with my sister. I went on Saturday on my own, but it is really a place for company. I sat on the balcony, on the high seats like barstools, all on my own and talked to myself, but then I laughed out loud at something my imaginary companion said and I realised that I could well become the floor show if I was not careful.
I finished my coffee quickly and slunk off. There is an amazing array of books there and dvd's but was somewhat bemused by the service. I asked a perfectly intelligent looking young chap if Brief Encounter was in stock and he told me the sci fi was over the other side of the store. Understandable I suppose, Brief Encounter came out in1945, but nevertheless possibly the greatest film ever made. I don't know. Still, he didn't look as if Celia Johnson was his type.

I've ordered it since on amazon, should be coming tomorrow. I'll send V out somewhere and sob into my popcorn for doomed love - it is the best weepie in the world, ever so much better than the horse whisperer.

So, that's my day. I'm off now, surf's up!


3 comments:

Nicole said...

Get better soon!

Sorry about the trip not panning out, but yay for spending the gas (sorry - petrol) money on silk instead. I think you may have gotten the better end of the deal. What if you'd spent all your yarn budget on travel?

Sian said...

Thanks Nicole, I have been feeling very sorry for myself but silk always cheers a girl up.

Clare said...

That silk hankie has the most beautiful colors -- it totally looks like a shimmering seascape. And the cut of the skirt is lovely -- I really like asymmetrical lines. I'm so sorry you haven't been feeling well -- that is no fun at all. I hope you feel better soon. Bookstores always make me feel better, too! Take care.
:)