Thursday, May 22, 2008

Thank You!

Every one who left a prompt. They are all fabulous and I will take them in turn. So it is either a mega long post for me on Sunday or bits and bobs through the week.
Really, you have got me thinking and pushing boundaries again and that is vital to writing of any kind isn't it?


It is a beautiful morning here, warm, and softly hazy. An excellent gardening day. I cleared two big sacks worth of weeds and stuff in my very neglected top patch and made not a jots worth of difference. It still looks like Satan's nostrils up there.
So a bit of breakfast now and have at it until it gets too warm and then some more spinning I think. All the while mulling over poetry and stories that I plan on writing this evening while pretending to work at the reception desk.
That's all from life here in the salt mines.

Hope you have a beautiful day too.

Update 2pm:
Well, rain stopped play in the garden. (I am a fair weather gardener. Actually, it is probably stretching the truth beyond all recognition to call me a gardener at all) But then my diz arrived in the post. Hurrah! It is so pretty. I got it from etsy which is fast becoming an addiction btw.

V: What's a diz?
S: Dis is a diz (sorry couldn't resizt)
V:What does it do?
S: Well you get a batt of fibre, pull it through the diz and then it turns into a roving
V: Ah.
S: It's pretty amazing actually (getting all enthusiastic)
V: What's for lunch?


The latest silk roving


The latest wool roving

I'm off etsying again. See you later!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

base your book on the things that go on at the Y.M.C.A.?and i said book do it right go all the way not bits and bobs, good title for a book.Bits and bobs about a wool merchant and all the goings on,in and around his family.love ,murder.mystery,romance.No sex and must be a war going on at the same.that should keep you going for the next few mouths,and you could publish a chapter a week on your blog .so get on with it.

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

Pod's a pushy fellow sometimes isn't he?! haha

Estying is going to become a word like googling......way to start a trend!!

Sian said...

POD: Watch it Jessica has got you rumbled! :)
The book about the goings on of a Medieval wool merchant has alas already been written. It is called the Dyer's Tale and it is indeed full of mystery, murder, romance and to cap it all is set in the Wars of The Roses. It is truly excellent. So I cannot best it.

I may write my book but not just yet I think :)

Jessica: POD is a big softy really :) and yay for etsying, about time I started some kind of trend!

Anonymous said...

WHO'S A SOFTY ASK SA.ASK MY GRANDSONS WHEN I PUT MY FOOT DOWN.THEY START CRYING WITH LAUGHTER.YOU KNOW ME TO WELL. JESSICA AND SIAN I HAVE ALL MY OWN TEETH.TO BITE WITH, ANYTHING SOFT THAT IS.

Technodoll said...

That satan's nostrils comment made me spit water out of mine, aaaaaaaahahaha!

Your expressions are brilliant, I learn new things every time I read you hun :-)

Lorraine said...

Sian- Etsy is such a treasure trove- I spend far too much time there.