Sunday, May 04, 2008

Rose in Jewel Hat



Remember that roving that I bought in March I think, gorgeous stuff from etsy (in fact the header of this blog is made from the pic I took of it). Well I spun it up a day or two ago and last night, quite late, I played with some free form crochet and made this rather unusual hat.

You'd need nerves of steel to wear it out I daresay, but it would do for a music festival. If I decide to keep it then Woolfest is the place where it would get a good airing - I suppose there are going to be plenty of wild and wooly types there. But I have also been thinking about putting it in the shop. I don't know.

That said, I think Rose looks delightful in it, though she is not so sure. Her pronouncement?
"I look mad"
I can see the jury is still out...

7 comments:

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

I'd wear it......looks comfy and warm!

She is adorable!

Terry said...

Absolutely adorable. She looks magical like she should be skipping down a forest path. That piece is gorgeous and the color is striking, just like jewels. And I on the other hand must be in an unusually whimsical mood today.

Lorraine said...

Sian- I think she looks adorable- but don't tell her that.

Technodoll said...

Rose is a most beautiful and charming child, and the front view pic is just adorable!

Not so sure about the back though... looks like the hat is melting, LOL!

I wish I could knit or crochet. Sigh.

Kim said...

I think the hat is wonderful (I'd wear it, I love hats) and Rose is beautiful, she could get away with wearing anything. :)

Kim x

Sa said...

I'm with rose, but then she'd look mad with out it! Wonder who she followeth!

Pippa said...

If you did put it in the shop, then those are marvellous pics of Rose. I think it's wonderful. I see what you mean wearing it at a festival. Either that, or the wearer would need to be quite boho. Again, you've inspired me. I'm going to try and make myself a hat to match my snood (which I wouldn't have without your teaching and inspiration!) x