Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Craig y Nos

Off to Craig y Nos today for a spinning demonstration, or so I thought! No one else from the guild turned up! But I had packed my wheel and a lovely picnic, V and the girls were happy to bumble around under the trees, so I had a pleasant afternoon spinning in the sunshine. There were hardly any people there but I did speak to two nice ladies who took some information on the guild and on Ffald Y Brenin. I should get a commission from that place I tell you.



I was not actually chewing a wasp when this was taken,
the sun was right in my eyes
and I did not realise how fearsome I look when I squint.

We are not keeping still for a photo when there is blossom to catch!

The castle was once a home to the opera singer Adelina Patti and later it became a hospital for soldiers wounded in World War II. It is now a hotel, but the grounds are now part of the National Park which has some of the most dramatic scenery in the local area. The mountain rock is an unrelenting grey, which never looks anything other than bleak even under such a pretty sun as we had today. Winter suits it well though, if you like that kind of harshness, which I do - but today we stuck to the gardens and the cherry blossom.
Lily and Eden were enchanted by the falling petals and chased around like a pair of demented kittens trying to catch them. Sometimes they are just so flippin' cute I can hardly think straight when I look at them.

1 comment:

Technodoll said...

oooo... cherry blossoms! Here in Canada they are actually a yummy candy, if you're into that kind of fake chocolate gooeyness :-D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherry_Blossom_(candy)