Saturday, May 24, 2008

First Challenge

As promised, here is the first response to the prompts that you so kindly gave me back here. I will be taking each in turn but in no particular order and here is the first.

Patois prompt was to take a news story that affected me deeply and write about it from the view point of a person that was there. Written in the first person. Challenging on more than one level as firstly, I do not watch, listen or read the news. It is just too deeply distressing to me, rather like I Am Legend, the images are just too horrific for me to shake off, but what is worse is of course that the monsters are real. And that I cannot cope with.
Secondly. apart from blogging, the first person is not my natural form. Third person is generally more descriptive and easier to manipulate. First person has an immediacy which I do not always find easy to handle. So that too was challenging for me.

So... I have written a story, in the first person and it is about a story that affected me deeply. But in no way can it be called new.
It is rather long so I have put it further back and on its own as it is quite a blodge of text. But that is stories for you. And here it is - Patois story

3 comments:

Sa said...

You have a true skill crafty lady

Greg C said...

I like it very much. Great story.

Greg C said...

I like it very much. Great story.