Monday, May 05, 2008

One Single Impression - Deserted

Last night as I was getting ready for bed I was mulling over the haiku prompt for this week - desert or deserted and before I knew it, these lyrics popped into my head.

You left my heart empty as a vacant lot
for any
spirit to haunt

U2 at their best (and that is saying something) on Achtung Baby

As I switched off the lamp, I thought I would never be able to write anything about being deserted that was better than that. I love Bono's voice, so raw and passionate.



We are off out today to a classic car show in Singleton, braving bank holiday traffic. So, if we survive the crush, I will tell you all about it later. Have a beautiful, passionate day.

4 comments:

Greg C said...

I love U2. I know I am too old for their music but I still do. Have a safe trip.

robin ann mcintosh said...

i meant to leave a comment on your other post - but i love that hat, i definitely would wear it.

also, beautiful haiku! do you know a good haiku book? i have been looking for one, and i can't find anything that suits me.

have a happy monday!

Patois42 said...

Those words are too good to top. I can see why they'd appear to you.

Sian said...

Greg: I don't think anyone is too old, or too young, for good music. I like Nelson Eddie and Jeanette McDonald...ever heard of them? They were a very long time back!

Little Bird: Thank you :) I do not know of a good haiku book off the top of my head, but if you go to the One Single Impression site then I am certain that you could find some recommendations there.

Patois: They are pretty good aren't they? :)