Monday, January 07, 2008

This Week I am Mostly Reading...


To sort of go along with the Sunday Scribblings theme, I love new books. I love the smell, the unbroken spine, the crisp pages, love it love it. However, getting me a new Kresley Cole is apparently like giving a pig a strawberry. I tore through this story in only a few hours.

This is the third in the series. I read the second No Rest for the Wicked (also very good) a few days before Christmas and ordered this one as soon as I put the book down. If you remember my review of the first book (Hunger Like No Other) I was torn between amusement and dismay that I actually liked it and I think I sneered at it rather too much considering. Anyway, this is a cool series. The heroines are sassy, the heroes are perfect, there is character development in spades and a clear plot with good pacing. The action scenes are described with a light touch which that is a good thing, as who needs to be spoon fed a fight when we are so familiar with the visuals of such a sequence thanks to the Matrix and LOTR? I love a good yarn (Pun! Arrgggh! Shoot me now!) and the fourth one is coming out in May this year. Needless to say its on my wishlist.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Ooh, it's out? Cool! One trip to the bookstore, coming up...