Monday, January 07, 2008

A Cure for the Spinning Blahs

Tangerine Dreams spun by Naiomi Ryono

I have not had the hwyl * for spinning just lately. However, the Christmas tree is gone now and my spinning corner is returning to normal (the louet was evicted by said squatter tree for festive season. Louet sulked in attic the whole time) Anyhoo, a sure-fire cure for the blahs of most kind can be found at the Yarn Museum. I love this site, it makes me want to get spinning again. Unfortunately it is almost half ten and the kidlings are in school tomorrow, so I cannot run the risk of going past the Sleepytime turning and ending up in the wilds of Insomniaville as usual. So the lovely spongy falkland and the blends of angora, kid mohair and tussah silk are going to have to wait for the morrow. I fancy doing something to push the comfort zone a bit. I usually do lace weight or chunky. I think I will head into super bulky tomorrow and ply it with some thickly spun silk. Or perhaps I'll have another bash at the yak now that I have that new super fine technique under my belt.
I realise that hardly anyone who reads this blog is a spinner, other than Nicole I know no others. So, sorry to bore on but hey - sometimes this blog has got to be about spinning, right?


* Welsh word, no direct translation. Closest approximation is passion, heart or oomph.

2 comments:

Spinningfishwife said...

Don't be too sure that there few spinners read your blog. I'm one, for a start....;-)

Sian said...

Hello SF :) I love reading your blog.