Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Limerick - Lies and Deception

Not a happy topic this week :( so...

Think of lies and deception and I wanted to think of used car sales men and cowboy builders but I have little experience with either thank goodness. However, hard on their heels was of course love gone wrong. Not had much experience of that either. All my experience has taught me that the joy was worth the pain. However, I've read enough tragic poetry to get the gist of bitter. So here is mine -

Although you were lapsang souchong*
From your backside I thought the sun shone
Oh you batted your eyes
Sighed sweet pretty lies
Now I'm wondering where you have gone

*Yes I know it is tea,but it is smokey - get it? Smokey...deceptive? Okay I know it's thin but I'm sure you can run with it if you try.

The 'ku is nastier

I chose to believe
Sweet, you did not deceive me
I deceived myself

Mad Kane's prompt here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the hell are you jibbering on about woman?!!

Patois42 said...

Oh, I've learned a new term today. Love the limerick. And that ku is downright nasty.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for joining in on my prompt once again. I especially liked your haiku!

Sian said...

Thanks guys :) It's not often I am happy with something I have written, but I am quite pleased with that 'ku. I like nasty poetry.

And Billy quit wasting time reading your aunties blog when there are exams coming up - get back to your books! Love you babe :)

Anonymous said...

Oh that was superb...actually I loved both the limerick and the haiku, who would have thought there's a nasty bone in you? :) Wow, Sian :)

Sian said...

UL: When you get to know me you will find out that I am as full of nasty bones as a kipper :)