Saturday, January 12, 2008

On the Wheel Today

Lilac wool and silk carded blend
Luscious

This has all been spun up and today I plied it with some rather spiffy cream cashmere. I tried taking a pic but the fibre is too glossy. It was just a white blur with the flash on and a grey blob with the flash off. I'll have a go in natural light tomorrow.
I spun up the cashmere about a year ago and I thought it was okay really. But looking at it now I know that I was too inexperienced a spinner to even have considered spinning such a difficult fibre. It is quite wobbly... but good enough for fancy which is what this yarn and indeed most of my yarns if I am honest, turn into. I spin either perfectly gossamer fine or all over the bloody place.
Anyway, the yarn is yummy, so soft as one would expect a silk, wool and cashmere mix to be. Oh, I just love spinning. Where else, how else would I be able to afford a yarn like this otherwise? It is destined for a shrug for me! Yes! I was in Borders the other day and over a vanilla latte I decided to get a knitting book. Way too expensive in store but I promised myself to check it out on amazon and there it was second hand and a fraction of the cost. I will review it here with entranced glee as soon as it arrives and I have devoured it.

I am off now to hob-nob with House MD which I can now view on the new fancy pants posh non asthmatic lappie. I may be up all night. But at least now I have the lovely Mr Laurie to share the insomnia with.
Nos da cariad :) Sleep well.

1 comment:

Pippa said...

Mmmmm that looks LOVELY! And nice to see that you're finally making something for yourself.