Wednesday, January 09, 2008

One Deep Breath- Moonstruck




My first go at a haiga - a visual haiku. [Not a haibun which is something else - Thanks for the pointer Crafty :)] I took this at seven am last September. I was taking out the cold ashes and there was the moon looking wistful in an amethyst sky. I love the moon, she is too beautiful for me to put into words. Though I must say that the Welsh for moon - lluad is somehow evocative for me: liquid and distant.
Sleep well cariad, have soft and gentle dreams

PS.
I found one I wrote a while back. It is not a haiku but I still like it

A jewelled sky
aquamarine, amethyst, lapiz,
scattered lazily with crystal,
a disc of silver.


8 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

very beautiful photo and words. I love the moon too.

(Haibun is a piece that is a mix of poetic prose and haiku. I think a visual haiku is called a haiga, but I may be wrong there)

Sian said...

No CGP, I am sure you are correct. I will change it now. Thanks :)

SandyCarlson said...

That's lovely. Thanks for teaching me a few things.
http://spinasongofsixpence.blogspot.com/2008/01/one-de

Tumblewords: said...

Lovely - a jewel laden sky - how beautiful!

qualcosa di bello said...

oh my!...the sky "scattered lazily with crystal"...that is such a luscious metaphor!

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

Ohhh, very pretty, I've gotta keep my eye out for some of those, eh!

Patois42 said...

Oh, yes, the "scattered lazily with crystal" is divine. The haiga is perfect, Sian.

Sian said...

Thank you all :)

and Jessica, every photo you take is a haiga :)