Sunday, December 16, 2007

Sunday Scribblings - Dance

Our stage is the kitchen, the music starts and away we go. The music carries us and they are away, leaving me free to watch them with my heart in my eyes.
I love to watch my daughters dance. To watch them finding the beat, responding to rhythm and feel. They are sweetly expressive in their unformed grace, bobbing and dipping like little boats on a sea of sound. I am astonished at their beauty.

Then V says "They dance like you" and I see the truth of it. And I don't know what to think - I want them to dance their own dance, to find their own steps but mine is the only dancing they see, how can they not follow? Do they dance because they like to dance or do they dance for my approval? Does it matter if it is both?
They are smiling like sunrise as they dance around me. They are flying. Who cares? Stop worrying Mummy, we are happy.

For more writing on dance check out SS here

8 comments:

Patois42 said...

Yes, stop worrying Mummy. Nothing sweeter than kids freely dancing.

Pippa said...

I want to see them dancing!

Tumblewords: said...

One shouldn't worry about dancing people! Grin. They sound wonderfully happy!

gautami tripathy said...

I just love it. I am always dancing with my nephew and nieces!

Dance of Life

little wing writer said...

what a beautiful post... absolutely!! ... yes ... branches from the vine ... that we could all produce such beautiful fruit...

Prats said...

When your child dances, it brings out the sunshine...so don't worry mommy...its the music in all of you...

Sa said...

Get V to film you all dancing. IT will cheer the heart for all MRS! You are a fine mummy and your girlies are just like you! BEAUTIFUL!

Anonymous said...

Take pride in being a wonderful mom and enjoy the dance, motherhood is indeed a beautiful responsibility and when it works, so very rewarding. Congrats, you did it.