Monday, December 10, 2007

Holly gathering


Straight after school, quick change and on with the wellies. The girls and I set off to get holly, pine boughs and ivy to deck our tiny halls with. What with the rain that we have been having the paths were stupidly muddy and the waterfall by us was in full roaring spate. Alas, no pic - next time maybe. Four year old twins and the waterfalls don't go in my opinion.

Off up the back mountain, quite a trek for tiny Lily, but she managed and we got a basket load of bright berries and boughs. With time for a choccie break. It was very cold up there and by the time we had dawdled our way back down the hill, it was getting quite dark, but it was so peaceful up there too. Just the wind and the sheep and the first stars seeing us home.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh you brought back many wonderful memories, lived in Wales a long long time ago, it's one of my fav. places in the world, I am so glad I bumped into one of its residents, albeit cyber thank you.

UL

Patois42 said...

I can't adequately express how I love to read about where you live. Your descriptions and photos are such that you really should be working for the tourism agency.

Sa said...

YOU are the only person I know that does not buy their christmas decs from a store MAD WOMAN!!

Memarie Lane said...

Sounds like a beautiful place.

Pilgrim said...

Your girls are beautiful Sian.

Once again two simple paragraphs take me on a journey across the pond. You have such a wonderful way of painting a picture with your words.

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

Such lovely little girls, all bundled up. I would love to see that waterfall sometime! It was freakishly warm here in the mountains today, high 60's which is rather odd.

Lorraine said...

Sian- You will treaure that memory- and the picture in a few years. They are such lovely children.

Just like mum!

Sian said...

UL: I would love to know where in Wales you lived. Thanks for dropping by!

Patois: I am dead chuffed that you like the way I write, cos I think your writing is great!

Sa: I'll pop some crafty decs over to you soon :)

Marie: The Neath Valley is the most beautiful part of a beautiful country (not that I'm biased or anything). Thanks for dropping by :)

Pilgrim: You make me smile.

Jessica: I'll see what I can do about getting some pics of the waterfall and next time I am in the States, your mountains are on my list of things to see!

Thanks for the comments, it's lovely to hear from you...

Anonymous said...

Now i know what happens at coffee mornings and mothers meetings!
;p
love ew

Sian said...

Lorraine: Aw shucks - thanks! :)

Cyril: This is called being nice. Read and learn dear boy. (Luv ew too babe xx)

Anonymous said...

I lived in Aberstwyth, went to university there, I have friends in Cardiff, Llanelli ...we last visited a couple of years ago, thank you. :) Where are you located?

UL