Thursday, December 20, 2007

Simple Christmas Pleasures

Oh my, just sat down with a mug of tea and a Chrimbo snack. I have been shopping at Tescos but too tired to drag the stuff in from the car so it can stay there overnight. The car is as good as a fridge right now, my hands have only just stopped burning, they are just aching now. How they manage in the Yukon I'll never know.
So, hot tea, wensleydale cheese with cranberries on a few butterpuff crackers. Who I ask you can resist a snack called a butterpuff? I can't. There is fresh pineapple and double cream to follow if I can risk the heart burn at this time of night. I deserve it. My pantry is full, my drinks cabinet too. I love Christmas. I love the astonishing array of good things to eat and the treats that are stored up because you have fought like a salmon for well...salmon.

Actually it wasn't that bad in Tescos tonight. I went after work and while it was ticking over it was actually quite a happy atmosphere. People were singing along to the music, wishing utter strangers a happy christmas, everyone was good humoured about being out in the supermarket at gone ten at night. Tomorrow however it will all be changed with a miasma of aggression and stress wafting through the sprouts. I am glad I went tonight. I won't have to go again now until the New Year. And I am quite happy about that, does it show?
Warm milk and baileys now and then to bed. I am a happy bunny tonight.
Nos da cariad.

2 comments:

Patois42 said...

I love to go out Christmas Eve during the day to the shops. I'm all done with shopping, but the energy just pumps me up.

Sian said...

Me too Patois. We have had brass bands playing in the town square and that really makes for a nostalgic moment as you pause in the rush. Lovely!