Saturday, December 22, 2007

Limerick - Love at First Sight

I was singing Ms Marcos's blues
When dear V* chose to give me his views
"Its simply not right
this love at first sight"
So he's clearly not met the right shoes


*husband, no more to be said really.

For more about Lurve see MK's blog

Update 21.29 same day
Have read Ul and Lissa's haiku since then and thought them particularly haunting. Thought I'd give it a go

Shrieking freaking pain...
Are you worth it love, really?
A thousand times, yes.

6 comments:

lissa said...

I think I like the haiku the better of the two.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

Patois42 said...

The limerick brings such a smile to my face. And the ku warms my heart. Wonderful go!

Andy Sewina said...

I like them both - the Haiku is very sharp! - the Limerick, I feel is in the spirit of a Limerick.
I love the way you use the Imelda/Emelda? Marcos reference.
Happy Crimbo!

Sian said...

Thanks guys :)Happy Christmas to you too!

Mad Kane said...

Haha! Those were a delightfully surprising take on my love at first sight prompt. Thanks for joining int!

Anonymous said...

Oh these are really good Sian. Smiling at the first and wishful of the second..my daughter was born at twenty nine weeks, so I never experienced labor...a most wonderful moment inspite of the pain...thank you for sharing. Hope your xmas went beautifully well.