Monday, December 17, 2007

Limerick prompt - multi tasking

This one was pretty hard to do. Limericks are supposed to be amusing at least, if not out and out funny and it is kind of hard to be amusing about multi tasking, as it is such a massive part of life. So here is my effort anyway. It is not autobiographical - I like the odd cocktail as Dizzy will tell you but so far, and sometimes to my huge surprise, I have stayed away from alcohol dependency. I have other addictions to indulge in. Plus withdrawal's a bitch.

When my life was not in the pink,
I'd the impulse to take to hard drink.
Now something eludes me
and that something includes the
ability to talk and think

...simultaneously.

For other multitasking limericks and haiku check out Mad Kane's Humour blog

7 comments:

Mad Kane said...

Fun one! I'm so glad you joined in on my prompt!
Mad Kane

Andy Sewina said...

Yeah, If I talk and think at the same time I can't hear myself speak!

Memarie Lane said...

I can relate to that one! In fact it's best if I don't open my mouth at all when I'm trying to think.

Patois42 said...

Now that's a limerick that meets the requirements of humor on an adult level. Love the ending.

Lorraine said...

Sian- I agree with you- yarn addiction is bad enough, we don't need AA as well.

Wales must be wonderful at this time of year.

Sian said...

MK: This was a good prompt - very challenging!

Sweet and Memarie: I don't need alcohol to get me into trouble. I suffer from foot in mouth disease with no excuse what so ever :)

Patois: Thankyou. I always like a twist in the rythym of a limerick's last line :)

Lorraine: That is so true. Yarn, spinning, poetry and other stuff too, shopping, sugar, caffiene. My list is worryingly long!
And Wales is indeed wonderful right now, cold but dry. No snow but I get the feeling it will be a white Christmas this year. Fun! Though of course, not in Canada's league :D

Anonymous said...

Me neither, cant talk and think at the same time, often because I think in one language and talk in another!! Thank you. :)