Monday, April 14, 2008

Guess the Impostor...

...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
and treat those two impostors just the same...
from If by R Kipling

Lemon meringue pie, from scratch and from Delia no less... Looks good doesn't it?


Yup, still looks good (forgive the wobbles, I was back chatting V who was laughing at me for photographing my food)
mmm, butter...
and no, I didn't put salt instead of sugar in the meringue and the eggs were fresh, just in case you are wondering...
It just tasted terrible.

funny pictures
moar funny pictures

8 comments:

Pippa said...

That's SUCH a shame - it looks amazing!

Lorraine said...

Sian- It looked so good.

It had to be V's fault.

Anonymous said...

MEN are better cooks than women.get him indoors to take over.

Technodoll said...

I don't get it, how can a meringue pie that looks so lovely taste so bad? was it the recipe?... :-o

Mary Beth said...

The picture at the end just says it all! It looked beautiful - too bad it didn't taste the same.

Sian said...

Pippa: Appearances can sometimes be deceptive :)

Lorraine: Poor V...he quite liked it actually :D

Pod: This salmon isn't biting today. Go fish...
x

TD: No, the recipe came from St Delia. It has to be good. I think it was me. I just didn't like the taste.

Mary Beth: I liked the picture too. It made me laugh.

Anonymous said...

like my daughter you know me to well.like sa i will get you to take the bait.????????

Sa said...

Ah alas crafty lady it is V who puts salt in things not thee