Thursday, April 10, 2008

Ahem...

May I suggest marscapone cheese and really good raspberry jam as a filling for today's cupcakes?


Yes, I know I am hacking on about cake an awful lot these days. Don't worry, it will soon pass off. Only another ten or fifteen recipes to go.

On the yarn front, I am crocheting this for Faith and Jonathan's baby, in a delightful lemon hinted yarn in a sensible easy care blend but with a touch of cashmere to unsqueak it. Don't you find synthetics squeak when you work them? I don't much like man made fibres but what use is a handwash baby blanket? This baby is due any minute now really. Poor Faith must feel like she has been expecting forever and, once again, I am making this at the absolute last flipping minute. It is a dinky little project though, it really looks as though I am working on something (to muggles at least) but it is in reality very very easy.

In other news, I have overdone the gardening rather in the last few days. And after hacking, chopping, raking, lugging and burning eighteen months worth of neglect I was naively surprised to find myself a bit below par this morning. Consequently, I have been confined to quarters by the CO, robustly told that I am not to pick up secatuers for at least a week and that he will attempt to master the secrets of the washing machine for the next few days. I am having a holiday folks. Pass me my crochet ...and put the kettle on will you?

Have a snug, cashmerey kind of day.

Update: 2:30 pm
Not content with current project or even the project after that (the fire yarn), I have bought yarn for the third item in my queue and it is here. I am in love.
I ask you, how could I, in my lowered state, resist a yarn that is from the Raven Clan...? Over a thousand yards of laceweight silk gorgeousness coming my way. And it is going to take long enough to arrive for me to finish at least the current project and get well into the second so, no project queue guilt for me. Hurrah!

7 comments:

Greg C said...

Since when do you listen to orders from the CO? LOL Well at least my wife never does. :) Enjoy your free time.

Sian said...

Greg: I listen to my CO when he tells me to put my feet up, especially when I am exhausted!
Other than that well... a little light mutiny keeps the COs on their toes :D

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

I can almost taste that little sweet.....your blog has been making me hungry for sugar :o)

Lorraine said...

Sian- I'm gaining weight just looking at those cakes.

What color did you get? What yarn?

Sian said...

Sorry Jessica and Lorraine :) but I think a little of what you fancy does you good.

And I got the yarn by following the link to Lettice Knit from your blog Lorraine.
Blue Moon Fibres Rook-y from the Raven Clan, silk thread 2, slightly heavier than cobweb. In this, I have finally found the yarn I want to do my Icarus in. I have been looking for the perfect one for about a year...wish me luck :)

Sa said...

I am quite enjoying your daily offering of cupcakes. The lemon ones were tre yummy! I ate most of them! Sorry the Mr and boys

Technodoll said...

I want those cupcakes. Can I have them? No? What about the pretty plate, I'll take that!

*grin*