Friday, April 11, 2008

Latest Yarn

Emeralds & turquoise, violets & boysenberries, infused in black. Outrageous, playful, colorful, enigmatic. Vibrating life force in each and every feather.
Description: An ever so slightly heavier version of our silk thread. Still thread-like, just a step up from cobweb.
All measurements are approximate.
Content: 100% Silk
Weight: 3.5 oz / 99g
Length: 1,125 yds / 1,028m
Gauge: laceweight

The picture and above text comes from Blue Moon Fibres
I have been looking for the perfect yarn to do an Icarus shawl for about a year. I have bought one or two but for some reason they just didn't look right or feel right. I don't know, one of those funny annoying things. I am hoping, however, that this is it. Silk and plenty of it in a beautifully dramatic colourway and due to the bird like name - Rooky- rather appropriate I feel.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you don't alf tell some good yarns.

Anonymous said...

a bit light for rooky.more like molely grey????????

Lorraine said...

Sian- I'm doing an "Icky" right now.

Anonymous said...

Oh that's beautiful. I would adore a scarf or shawl (or anything) in that.

Loved your photos of your day trip the other day. One of my best friends is from Wales - can't remember where (the other from Yorkshire), which reminds me I must call her...

I can answer to Kate in just about any accent now. :)

Sian said...

Pod: I can spin 'em alright, but may you be forgiven for that moley comment :)

Lorraine: I know and I know yours will be fabulous. Mine? Hmmnnn...we might see it in about three years.

Kate: I know what you mean about accents. Some of my American friends call me Shaun which I still fail to answer to as over here it is a boys name. I wonder what Sian sounds like in Australian flavour?