Friday, February 15, 2008

Today's Walk - Ogmore Castle

thatched cottage

swans on the Ogmore River

View from a castle window

the gate house

Castles are a fantastic place to play hide and seek, the girls really enjoyed despite it being biting cold. The wind was coming straight off the sea and our hands were aching with it by the end. We saw our first lambs of the season, poor wobbly little things, probably wondering what the heck kind of place they had been born into. I took a photo but they really are just blurry white pinpricks on a fuzz of hill so not much point posting them. They were lovely to see though and their bleating were the strident call of the changing season.
Off to The Pelican then for lunch: braised partridge for me with potato and leek gallettes and poached salmon with shredded spring vegetables for V. Rose had about a tonne of garlic bread and cheese while Eden and Lily gorged themselves on thick fluffy chips.
Times like these makes us realise how lucky we are with V's work. Two hours on a Friday, leaves us plenty of time for fun trips like today.

Hope you had a great day too.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a day it was. when i last went around there.it was very hot day.ground hard, every thing bone dry.but a great place for kid to run around.sian seeing you and sara are sulking. try this one to look for the smalles't thing you can buy in tesco eg. tube of super glue.can't take one thing out of pkt. must be sold on it's own. take a think?

Technodoll said...

Sigh. You have no idea what you're doing to me with your photos and recounts of fantastic visits to amazing places...

You lead a dream life and oh, I wish to be there if only for a few days, to breathe in that sea air and see all those sight with my very own eyes.

Thank goodness for yours :-)

Nicole said...

Wow, lovely photos! If I had such nice scenery, I'd be going on walks all the time. :)

Hope you're having a great weekend!

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

The gate house is my fav.....thanks for sharing your walk :)

Greg C said...

Awww I wish we could have seen the lambs but your story was great so I can imagine them. Great pictures Sian.

Sian said...

Pod: I'll have a think, next time I'm going round tescos

Techodoll: You are right, I do lead a great life. I must try to remember that more often. I have much to be thankful for :)

Nicole: Thanks :) I am busy still and it is late Sunday here! Still packing, undoing, repacking etc...

Jessica: As I was taking the pics I was thinking how beautiful they would lok if you were taking them :)

Greg: Thankyou. The lambs were sweet. It will be a while before lambing starts on my mountain but when they do I will post up some pics of our local babies :)