Monday, February 25, 2008

Project Spectrum - Fire

Flame nebula (but I have seen batts of wool like that)

It is the third year that Project Spectrum has been running and somehow it has caught my imagination rather better than in previous years. That may be due to the fact that the theme this month is Fire and uses some of my favourite colours.


The idea is to inspire the use of colour on themed lines and is open to any artistic endeavor. You can link (or not, I probably won't) join their Flickr group or join in on Ravelry. Forums don't really work for me but the projects on display are very beautiful. I remain a bit squiffy about the use of colour and design is not my talent, though I can recognise good design, I just don't manage it very often.
Anyway, if you are into art, craft or just potching about in colour and fancy a jumping off point then this site might interest you.

3 comments:

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

Interesting, thanks for the info :)

Sian said...

You are welcome Jessica. I thought of your lily photo when I found out about the fire theme :)

Lolly said...

Thank you for mentioning Project Spectrum on your blog! there are so many ways to participate and to be inspired by the work of others!

best wishes~