Friday, February 01, 2008

Spring

Pots outside the Front Door

Okay, it isn't Spring and it won't be for another month or two. But it is sunny out and not that cold and what is more the quality of light has changed, elusive and hard to define but it is there. Just as there is a change in the scent on the air. You can smell the earth warming up or perhaps it is the trees feeling the buds starting to form under winter bark. Either way I feel Spring in me too and I am delighted. I have been through a tough old battle lately with that wretched Black Dog and there were times in the past few weeks that I thought that the git might win. But indeed I feel as if I have come home at last and it is a relief to rest from heartache and anger.

And with that comes a new tide in spirit dancing. I have not danced in worship for a long time and even longer it has been since I danced with real joy. That is, I worshipped because God is worthy of praise no matter what we feel like, but like the song says - it is hard to dance with the devil on your back. And now things have changed, the winter is over and gone as it were. And I am glad.
This has happened just in time for the February conference in Ashburnham, near Hastings where the Welsh are pretty much in the forefront of the worship. The English are sweet but very reserved and it needs a bit of the mad Welsh hwyl to liven it up a bit. I was not looking forward to it but now I cannot wait.


To that end, the silk arrived today along with some dyes in vibrant hues of violet and emerald. The dyes are for the camel down but the pongee silk, delicate and fluttery, is destined for streamers, banners and a new dancing skirt. Out with the silk paints and away to go. I don't have much time, the conference is only a few weeks away, so I'll make a start this week. Pics soon.

Have a sunny, beautiful Springlike day.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Pretty, pretty! I love spring.

Sa said...

WElcome back hunny!

Pippa said...

I used to have church weekends away in Ashburnham, near Hastings! And I LIVED in Hastings! Lovely. Glad to hear that you're dancing again xxx

Melanie said...

What a beautiful post. Thank you!

Sian said...

Thanks for the comments chaps. I appreciate it :)