Thursday, February 28, 2008

Project Spectrum - Dancing silks

These are some of the the skirts and trousers that I dance in. The orange is a tabard and is hand painted with flames. It is a particular favourite of mine because it is so vibrant. For my money, nothing picks out or displays colour like silk. And of course its drape and movement means it is excellent to dance in.

With Summer drifting closer it is likely that I'll be street dancing before long. Fun! (Just hope my foot holds out)
I am planning on a bout of silk painting today actually. The banner that I had a go at in Ashburnham was an utter disaster. I was in too much of a rush to get it done and I didn't have the right equipment. So I mean to have a bit more focus today.

I also have an old and faded top in the dye pot right now. It is about fifteen years old so there is every liklihood that it might fall apart in the process, but I haven't worn it in ages as its original scarlet had faded to a sad burgundy. So this will either give it a new lease of life and it will pull its weight in the wardrobe once more or it will kill it stone dead and free up a hanger. Pragmatism...I haz it.

4 comments:

Technodoll said...

LOL you haz it all right!

I tried saving a few pieces of clothing that way before too, most of the time it didn't work out but then again I didn't know dying from baking beans, so yeah.

Hope yours turns out wonderful :-)

Sian said...

:D Never baked beans and I'm an utter newbie at dying too. Still, ignorance has never stopped me yet and you have to try these things out don't you?

Greg C said...

I love the colors too but I really can't understand what you are saying. Aint no one learnt you how to speak gooder english like we do in the south.:)

Sian said...

Sorry Greg :(
Can't help it.

*sings* "You say tomateto and I say tomaato" :D