Monday, February 25, 2008

One Deep Breath - Ink

Scratch across the page, sink into a wound. Staining flesh or fibre, indelible, inert - the bullet in the gun is as innocent as you. Pure dark fluid and a cool blank page. What will you be used to say? Potential in the jar to write sonnets or stick men -
to capture stilled hearts
breathless with whirling desire
or to say farewell

And you are not the message, just the means, the conduit. So much weight for one small dark vein to carry across the arcing space of paper or the unmarred skin.
Today a laundry list, tomorrow, who knows?


Apparently, this is the last ever One Deep Breath and I am sorry about that. Off and on I've been doing these prompts for over a year. I reckon I will just start recyling the prompts that have been posted each week until I find a new haiku spot...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

the pen and the ink can be a dangerous tools or for good like sending me a cheque.do people wright them anymore.the chinese holds them in a high regal platform in it's nation.like it, spot on sian .tattoo tattoo tattoo, can see you getting one done, don't worry about the pain.think of what you wrote.how romantic, the ink on your skin.you put pen to paper.

Greg C said...

What the heck are you talking about. Have you been into the cooking sherry again? :)

Pippa said...

What a new look! I thought I had stumbled into a different blog for a moment. I LOVE the new banner but I do miss the beautiful picture of you - did you have to lose it? The new look is great x x x

Sian said...

*collapsing into helpless giggles*
You've rumbled me Greg...and I've been sharing it with Alan! :D

Pippa:Thankyou Pippa, you are sweet x
I might put it back when I have got used to the new look.

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

So poetic.......I don't have to know what you're talking about :)

Anonymous said...

sian i think sara thinks you are going to have a tattoo, i wonder where she got that from.?

Anonymous said...

sian put some color into layout.mellow so that your yarns will be at there best.clean and fresh.and your photos standing strong.

Patois42 said...

Ah, but I love this. Brilliantly done, Sian.

Oh, and it looks like someone else is, if not taking over the ODB site, at least starting a new one that will post prompts on Sunday.

Sian said...

Thankyou Jessica

Pod: I will keep the designing to the blog page and yarn. V has made it clear that there would be serious problemos if I got a tattoo. I'll hold Dizzy's hand if she goes to get hers though

Patois: As always, you make my day :)