Monday, February 11, 2008

Sunday lunch

Traditional roasts don't go down well with my lot :( but sometimes I can sneak a vegetable into them by stealth...This is tasty and pretty easy on the pennys too.

peppers, mushrooms, chorizo, onions

sausages, chop 'em up and sling 'em in the pot
add a small glass of port, a pinch of salt, some pepper, some smoked paprika, a little vegetable stock and a can of puy lentils.
Pop in the oven 180 C for a few hours.

serve with mashed potatoes, spring greens and lashings of butter.
We had tinned peaches and ice cream for pud. I didn't need to eat for the rest of the day.

6 comments:

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

WOW, that looks awesome!! Guess, I'll go pop my oatmeal in the microwave now...... :)

*I also like to make sausage with onions and peppers........soooo good!

Lorraine said...

Sian- That looks so amazing. Yummy.

Anonymous said...

Nice one, I'm flippin starving now!!!

Technodoll said...

oooo the drool is hard to contend with... that looks absolutely divine... lashings and all *grin*

Greg C said...

Yum, What time is dinner? Toss on some mushrooms too though please. :)

Sian said...

Jessica: I like oatmeal too...also with butter :)

Lorraine: Thankyou, it tasted pretty good.

Cyril: Missing Mam are you bachgen? Learn to cook then! :)

Technodoll: Can't beat a lash of butter!

I would Greg, but there's not mush-room!! Ba doom boom!!!! :D