Sunday, March 02, 2008

One Single Impression - Change

An appropriate prompt for the new haiku site - One Single Impression
Generally, I find change uncomfortable, even when it is desperately needed and I fight hard against it even though I know that sometimes it is for the best. So this is mine.

Change
So hard to grasp,
like sand through fingers,
like water, like flame.

Thank you to Sandy and Andree for stepping forward and accepting change even while keeping some things the same. Well done you guys

12 comments:

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

fire earth and water
ouch
I would hate to grasp a flame

great response to the prompt.

spacedlaw said...

A feeling shared by many.
Well expressed.

qualcosa di bello said...

your similes are perfect! glad to see you back

Tumblewords: said...

Oh, yes. This is surely a vivid description and one that resonates with me!

Andree said...

This strikes home with me, too. Hate change. I would keep the world from changing if I could, let alone myself. It's wonderfully expressive.
My change is here. Thank you.

Crafty Green Poet said...

I can relate to this one very well

Quiet Paths said...

Something we all can identify with; thank you.

little wing writer said...

spoken well, ku is awesome...

Patois42 said...

Sian, this is superb. All the elements right there for us.

reprehriestless warillever said...

Wonderful expression of the ungraspable nature of change

Yolanda said...

This is really good. I am so glad to have visited you today.

storyteller said...

So true … and yet change is the only ‘constant’ in life it seems. Well done!
Hugs and blessings,