Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A Lovely Day

It has been a day for the queen today, full of nice treats. From the Baileys latte and warm raspberry and white chocolate muffin that I had in my favourite cafe this morning, to the posh face cream that I bought with my easter money that Daddy gave me (36 and still calling my father Daddy, there is no hope for some people). Sitting there in my cafe, dreaming my usual dreams when I am on my own and it was most peculiar - I suddenly felt lonely. I am frequently on my own and am very happy to be so but it was the weirdest thing, I just wanted company: good company that you can have a giggle with but be challenged too by good conversation... Very strange, maybe it was the fact that Dizzy leaves me for the US today for a fortnight...
And then I remembered a happy thing: that I was soon to have company that afternoon in the shape of the lovely Pippa up for a visit all the way from Bristol. And we did indeed have a lovely time together, the girls were overjoyed to see her. Tea, a long chat and a nice meal, the best kind of day spent with a friend. Thanks Pippa.

Sooo... I have lit the fire and done the dinner dishes. I think I will have another glass of wine and sneak some chocolate while the girls are playing upstairs and then I'll start on the black spots for the ladybug. Progress shots soon.
Hope you have had a lovely day too
Nos da cariad

5 comments:

Pippa said...

It was indeed a wonderful afternoon. Thank you so much. Although I am now ready to sleep for a week, it was so worth it. You're a good egg, Siany! x x x

Sian said...

:) My girls will take it out of a person and the twins getting a freak on is surely the finest cure for broodiness known to man (or woman)!
Have a good rest tomorrow
x

UL said...

been a long long time since I visited, loved the new look of your blog, hope you are well :) Happy Easter..

Sa said...

Dizzy misses you much!

Sian said...

Lovely to see you again Ul :)

Dizzy, missing you too!
x