Tuesday, March 18, 2008

On the Needle Today


When one is unwell but getting better and wanting something to play with but have very little focus ie not enough for spinning :( then that is where a little mindless crochet comes in very handy. Just round and round and round, only stopping when you run out of wool.
This is a baby blanket in progress. I am planning on turning it into a ladybird, black spots and all. It is destined for quite a young mum who at nineteen probably would not appreciate the usual pastel offerings. I thought a ladybug would be fun. It will at least be warm, I am using a commercial yarn Patons fairytale 100 % superwash wool in DK. It is a bit splitty but that could be because I am using a metal hook. I usually work with wood or bamboo but I don't have one at 4mm. Must get one next time I am ordering from Winghams...or perhaps I will wait to get one in Wonderwool Wales - more on that closer to the date. I am saving hard and looking forward to the local wool festival. Excited!
Anyway I have another busy day ahead of me. Have at it...
Hope you have a good one too

4 comments:

Greg C said...

I used to be able to crochet while watching TV. It was very relaxing. I need to start doing it again. I want to see that lady bug when it is finished. Please.

Sian said...

Greg: Yes, crochet is very restful. The blanket is coming along quite well, may be finished in a day or two.

Technodoll said...

I wish I could handle knitting needles... my grandmother tried to teach me many times but I just had butterfingers and a short attention span.. something about wanting to fish instead. LOL!

I too would love to see the ladybug, please!!

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

A ladybug........that's going to be adorable :o)