Thursday, April 05, 2007

This Week I am Mostly Reading...


This Proud and Savage Land by Alexander Cordell

The prequel to Rape of the Fair Country. The story of Hywel Mortymer as a young man. It's a weepie, as usual for Cordell, with a clarion call to hope at the end.
It's not an easy book to read if you're Welsh, indeed some parts of the trilogy borders on incitement to racial hatred (of the English for a change) but I got so wrapped up in the adaptation for the Blaenafan Festival that I just wanted to keep going when Rape had finished. That last was a nasty sentence but you know what I mean.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bored in work. well not bored exactly but kind of avoiding new work being given to me. Off to Bristol tomorow need to be at this training place by 9am eek. haven't yet worked out what time i need to get up but i'm sure it won't be pleasent. anyway.. Any chance i can borrow 'Proud and savage land' soon. Am planning to finish off Song of the earth whilst away tomorow night (and hopefully not during the course). I get bored on my own. especially as im in the middle of nowhere. http://www.harptreecourt.co.uk/ can't complain though.