Friday, April 06, 2007

Rape of the Fair Country - day out

Went to Blaenavon today to take promotional pics for the Arts Festival and the Cordell evening.

Had a good poke round in the iron works and then on to the Big Pit. It was a lovely day, the weather was warm and sunny. Thd children behaved like angels and we all had a great time. I took some particularly good photos of Morfydd and Iolo Milk (aka Catherine and husband Matthew) kissing in the heather and there was quite a good shot of V and myself at the pit wheel looking very romantic.
However, my favourite was one of Zoe (as Edwina) reading outside an Irish cottage.

Went to the Dyffyn Arms for a drink after and let the children run off steam as they had contained themselves so well all day. I did a little crocheting to use up my stash, the Welsh black and silk left over from my mum's Christmas present. I think I might try a little felting after the children have gone to bed.

I (as Elianor) get to wear a particularly good felt shawl as part of her costume and I found it rather inspiring. It was certainly very warm.

No comments: