Sunday, April 01, 2007

Mountain Mural

Every once in a while I get crazy notions in my head. Wouldn't it be nice to paint a jungle in my bathroom, hang feathers in Rose's room etc.

And I get this propensity for temporary looniness from my mum. When she said to me that she would like a mural in her front room she promptly handed me the chalks and let me at this lovely blank wall. Not too big, about 9 or 10' long and the same high.
She wanted mountains. She has them, or at least the beginnings of them. It's not finished yet but it is coming along nicely. I'm working in watercolours (cheap ones!) and building it up in layers of colour to give it transluscence and depth. I'm pretty pleased with it even though the room is so small that you have to go outside the front and look through the window in order to get a good view.

I will be posting pics as I add layers. Good thing the hols are upon us, the kids can run on the mountain with Dad andI can get some painting done. I love big projects once in a while.

I think that this one will take me at least a fortnight to complete. My bathroom took a year, but I had newborn twins to cope with then and could only paint when they were asleep. I might post a few pics of our frog, which V hates as it stares at him when he is in the bath. I digress. As usual.
TTFN

No comments: